Green Chili Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) whole green chilies, drained and sliced lengthwise
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 kaiser or sandwich rolls, split
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place in a large resealable plastic bag.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and oil. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting. Pour the remaining marinade over chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn and baste with reserved marinade; grill 3 minutes longer or until no longer pink.
- Top each with a green chili and cheese slice; cover and grill for 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Green Chili Chicken Sandwiches
Sort By :
"So good!!!! We added bacon & it was great!!!"
"THIS DISH SOUNDS GREAT. WHAT SOLD ME ON IT WAS THE GREEN CHILI. I'M MAKING THIS TOMORROW. DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER RECIPES WITH GREEN CHILI?"