Green Chili Chicken Sandwiches Recipe
"I enjoyed a sandwich similar to this in a restaurant and decided to try making it at home," writes Paula Morigeau of Hot Springs, Montana. "The spicy chicken is a quick-and-easy alternative to hamburgers when entertaining outdoors."
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 can (4 ounces) whole green chilies, drained and sliced lengthwise
- 4 slices Pepper Jack cheese or Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 kaiser or sandwich rolls, split
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place in a large resealable plastic bag.
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, vinegar, sugar and oil. Set aside 1/4 cup for basting. Pour the remaining marinade over chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes. Turn and baste with reserved marinade; grill 3 minutes longer or until no longer pink.
- Top each with a green chili and cheese slice; cover and grill for 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on rolls. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Green Chili Chicken Sandwiches in Quick Cooking March/April 2001, p10
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Green Chili Chicken Sandwiches(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- BBQ Chicken Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Sandwiches >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Grilled Chicken Recipes >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >