Green Chili Burritos Recipe
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork in oil; drain. Add the next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until pork is tender.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pork mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. In a small saucepan, cook refried beans until heated through; spread evenly on tortillas. Spoon pork mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 377 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 50 mg cholesterol, 1,022 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.