Green Chili Burritos Recipe
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into 3/4-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup diced fresh tomato
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 10 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown pork in oil; drain. Add the next 10 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour or until pork is tender.
- 2. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; gradually stir into pork mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 3. In a small saucepan, cook refried beans until heated through; spread evenly on tortillas. Spoon pork mixture down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up. Yield: 4-6 servings.
2 each: 377 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1022mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein
Reviews for Green Chili Burritos
"We loved this! Works well when doubled too."
"I have made this recipe several times and my family loves it. I add a little more to it to give it some spice."
"I used leftover pork roast, shredded, that I simmered with the sauce ingredients. It turned out great!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.