- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 slices smoked cheese
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 onion hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine bread crumbs, egg, salt and pepper. Add beef; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties. Press a shallow indentation in the center of each with your thumb. Brush both sides of patties with oil.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Top burgers with cheese and chilies; grill 30 seconds longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Green Chili Burgers in Taste of Home June/July 2014
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Green Chili Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Burger Recipes >
- Ground Beef Burger Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Beef Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Sandwiches >