Green Chili Beef Burritos Recipe
Recipes that are leaner in fat and calories—like the one for these burritos—helped me lose 30 pounds! The meat is so tender and delicious.—Shirley Davidson, Thornton, Colorado
- 2 beef sirloin tip roasts (3 pounds each)
- 4 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend, optional
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 24 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. Trim fat from roasts; cut meat into large chunks. Place in a 5- to 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with the chilies, onion, jalapenos, garlic, chili powder, cumin and seasoning blend if desired. Pour broth over all. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove beef; cool slightly. Shred with two forks. Cool cooking liquid slightly; skim fat. In a blender, cover and process cooking liquid in small batches until smooth.
- 3. Return liquid and beef to slow cooker; heat through. Place 1/3 cup beef mixture on each tortilla. Top with tomatoes, lettuce and cheese if desired. Fold in ends and sides. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 0g sugar total.
Reviews for Green Chili Beef Burritos
Reviewed Feb. 8, 2009
"A+!! This is the best recipe I have tried to date. I halved the amount and only put in one jalapeno."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC