Green Chili Beef Burritos
"Recipes that are leaner in fat and calories - like the one for these delicious burritos - helped me lose 30 pounds," confirms Shirley Davidson of Thornton, Colorado. "The meat is so tender."
24 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 8 hours
- 2 beef sirloin tip roasts (3 pounds each)
- 4 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend, optional
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 24 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, optional
- Trim fat from roasts; cut meat into large chunks. Place in a 5-qt.
- slow cooker. Top with the chilies, onion, jalapenos, garlic, chili
- powder, cumin and seasoning blend if desired. Pour broth over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef; cool slightly. Shred with two forks. Cool cooking liquid
- slightly; skim fat. In a blender, cover and process cooking liquid
- in small batches until smooth.
- Return liquid and beef to slow cooker; heat through. Place 1/3 cup
- beef mixture on each tortilla. Top with tomatoes, lettuce and cheese
- if desired. Fold in ends and sides. Yield: 2 dozen.