- 2 beef sirloin tip roasts (3 pounds each)
- 4 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 medium jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend, optional
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 24 fat-free flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, optional
- Trim fat from roasts; cut meat into large chunks. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Top with the chilies, onion, jalapenos, garlic, chili powder, cumin and seasoning blend if desired. Pour broth over all. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove beef; cool slightly. Shred with two forks. Cool cooking liquid slightly; skim fat. In a blender, cover and process cooking liquid in small batches until smooth.
- Return liquid and beef to slow cooker; heat through. Place 1/3 cup beef mixture on each tortilla. Top with tomatoes, lettuce and cheese if desired. Fold in ends and sides. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Green Chili Beef Burritos
Sort By :
We were very disappointed with this recipe. It wasn't worth the time. It had very little flavor and was runny. We like our regular ground beef burritos with green chili smothered over it.
We liked this, but I may add a couple more chilies or hotter ones for more heat. My 5 quart crockpot was NOT big enough! I had some liquid spilling out onto the counter & inside my crockpot, so beware. Messy, Messy! Next time I'll use my bigger crockpot!
A+!! This is the best recipe I have tried to date. I halved the amount and only put in one jalapeno.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Slow Cooker Recipes >
- Burritos >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >