Green Chili 'n' Rice Casserole Recipe
This recipe is a three-way winner. It's inexpensive, takes only minutes to prepare and tastes great. It's a good way to use up leftover rice.—Marilyn, Scroggs, Lees Summit, Missouri
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cans (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, combine the first seven ingredients. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 243 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 507 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC