This recipe is a three-way winner. It's inexpensive, takes only minutes to prepare and tastes great. It's a good way to use up leftover rice.—Marilyn, Scroggs, Lees Summit, Missouri
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 cans (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 1 can (8-3/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a greased 2-qt. baking dish, combine the first seven ingredients. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Green Chili 'N' Rice Casserole in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p222
Reviews for Green Chili 'n' Rice Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2008
"This is not a recipe I will make again. It was very bland."