Colorful, crunchy and buttery, this bean dish comes together quickly and will be a hit at your holiday table. For variation, sprinkle toasted pine nuts over the top just before serving. —Judie White, Florien, Louisiana
- 3 medium sweet yellow peppers, divided
- 2 tablespoons plus 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/4 pounds fresh green beans
- Finely chop 1-1/2 yellow peppers. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add chopped peppers; cook and stir until tender.
- Place pine nuts, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining butter in a food processor; process until blended. Add cooked peppers; process to blend.
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Cut remaining 1-1/2 peppers into thin strips; add to beans. Bring to a boil. Cook, covered, 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender; drain well and return to pot. Add butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans with Yellow-Pepper Butter in Simple & Delicious October/November 2013, p44
Reviews for Green Beans with Yellow-Pepper Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review