For a simple side dish that seems nice enough for company, Margaret Wilson of Hemet, California perks up fresh green beans with minced garlic and toasted walnuts.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- In a large skillet over medium heat; cook walnuts in oil for 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring occasionally. Add beans, garlic, seasoned salt and pepper. Cook until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans With Walnuts in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p6
Reviews for Green Beans With Walnuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review