Green Beans with Walnuts
“I came up with this easy recipe one night, and I’ve made it several times since then. The sauce is not only yummy on green beans but also on frozen broccoli,” says field editor Barbara Carlucci of Orange Park, Florida.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter, cubed
- In 1-1/2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the beans, 2 tablespoons
- walnuts, teriyaki sauce and butter. Cover and microwave on high for
- 3 minutes; stir. Cook 5-6 minutes longer or until beans are tender.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 147 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 798 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.