Green Beans with Tomatoes & Basil Recipe
Here’s a fast and easy way to dress up fresh green beans. Basil adds bright flavor, while lemon juice and garlic bring spring to mind. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 shallot, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1. Place green beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet saute shallot in butter until tender. Add the garlic, sugar, lemon juice, salt, parsley and pepper; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in beans and tomatoes; heat through. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup equals 83 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Green Beans with Tomatoes & Basil
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC