- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- In a 3-qt. saucepan, combine beans, water and salt; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender. Add parsley, lemon juice, thyme and paprika. Drain beans; add butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans with Thyme in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p56
Reviews for Green Beans with Thyme
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 29, 2015
"It was good, but not my family's favorite green bean side"
Reviewed Mar. 7, 2011
"I made these for a special b-day meal for my MIL. They got rave reviews!"
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2009
"This recipe is delicious!"