Green Beans with Shallots
A package of frozen green beans makes these “dill-icious” green beans a fast and tasty accompaniment to almost any main course. —Linda Rabbit, Charles City, Iowa
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen Steamfresh whole green beans
- 1-3/4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook green beans according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute mushrooms and shallots in oil
- until tender. Remove from the heat. Add the green beans, salt, dill
- and pepper; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 83 calories, 4 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 299 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.