Green Beans with Seasoning Recipe
The mild flavor of the crisp-tender green beans and mushrooms in this side dish is sure to appeal to the whole family.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet, saute green beans and mushrooms in butter until crisp-tender.
- 2. Add lemon juice mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 123 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 213 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC