- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet, saute green beans and mushrooms in butter until crisp-tender.
- Add lemon juice mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Green Beans with Seasoning
"These were ok. Next time I'll cook the beans for a few minutes before adding the mushrooms, which seemed to cook much faster than the beans."
"These are very good. I made them with the Barbecue Jack chicken on the same page and a rice pilaf. The only change I made was to leave out the mushrooms since I don't like them."
"One of our absolute favorites!"
"This is the only way I eat green beansany more!!"