The mild flavor of the crisp-tender green beans and mushrooms in this side dish is sure to appeal to the whole family.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet, saute green beans and mushrooms in butter until crisp-tender.
- Add lemon juice mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Seasoned Green Beans in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p7
Reviews for Green Beans with Seasoning
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review