Featuring almonds, a splash of lemon juice and a hint of cayenne pepper, this green bean side would be delicious with just about any main dish. Enjoy! Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: 51 Cozy Slow Cooker Soups
- 5 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh savory or 1/4 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute almonds in butter until toasted.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients. Drain beans; add almond mixture and toss gently to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans with Savory in Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p26
Reviews for Green Beans with Savory
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review