Green Beans with Savory for Two
Featuring almonds, a splash of lemon juice and a hint of cayenne pepper, this green bean side would be delicious with just about any main dish. Enjoy! Taste of Home Test Kitchen
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2-1/2 cups frozen French-style green beans
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh or 1/8 teaspoon dried savory
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Cook green beans according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute almonds in butter until toasted.
- Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients. Drain
- beans; add almond mixture and toss gently to coat. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 148 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 196 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 5 g protein.