Green Beans with Roasted Grape Tomatoes Recipe
You’ll have a healthy red and green holiday with this full-flavored side dish. Bright, roasted tomatoes top crisp-tender beans with sweetness. Grated cheese adds protein and taste.—Michaela Rosenthal, Woodland Hills, CA
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 pints grape tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- Dash white pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a small bowl, combine oil and lemon peel. Place tomatoes in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; drizzle with oil mixture. Sprinkle with celery salt and pepper; toss to coat. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until very tender, stirring once.
- 2. Meanwhile, place beans in a steamer basket; place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 7-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Transfer to a serving plate.
- 3. Place tomatoes over beans; sprinkle with cheese. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 45 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC