Green Beans with Red Peppers
"Balsamic vinegar adds zing to these colorful sauteed veggies that cook in a flash," says Chris Kallies of Oldsmar, Florida. "Trim the beans and julienne the pepper ahead to make this dish in a snap at the last minute."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute beans and red
- pepper in oil for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the
- vinegar, basil and pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2/3 cup) equals 79 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.