Green Beans with Red Pepper
“This is one of our favorite in-a-snap side dishes,” writes Tracey Medeiros of Atlanta, Georgia. It’s also a beautiful addition to any holiday plate.
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Place beans and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and
- microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter; add red pepper and
- shallot. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until red pepper is
- Drain beans; stir into red pepper mixture. Season with salt and
- pepper. Transfer to a serving platter; sprinkle with almonds.
- Yield: 5 servings.