Green Beans with Red Pepper Recipe
“This is one of our favorite in-a-snap side dishes,” writes Tracey Medeiros of Atlanta, Georgia. It’s also a beautiful addition to any holiday plate.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/3 cup water
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup sliced sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallot
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Place beans and water in a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt butter; add red pepper and shallot. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until red pepper is crisp-tender.
- 3. Drain beans; stir into red pepper mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving platter; sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 5 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC