Green Beans with Peppers
Our Test Kitchen concocted this festive-looking side dish that's a snap to make for a holiday dinner or an everyday meal.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place
- beans in batches in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to
- maintain a simmer; steam, covered, 6-8 minutes or until
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add red
- peppers and onion; cook and stir until tender. Add beans, basil,
- salt and pepper; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 53 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.