Green Beans with Peppers Recipe
Our Test Kitchen concocted this festive-looking side dish that's a snap to make for a holiday dinner or an everyday meal.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large saucepan, place steamer basket over 1 in. of water. Place beans in batches in basket. Bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer; steam, covered, 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add red peppers and onion; cook and stir until tender. Add beans, basil, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
3/4 cup: 52 calories, 2g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Green Beans with Peppers
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC