Green Beans with Peppers
Our Test Kitchen concocted this festive-looking side dish that's a snap to make for a holiday dinner or an everyday meal.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2 cups finely chopped sweet red peppers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket over 1 in. of water in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. In a nonstick skillet, saute red peppers and onion in
- oil. Add seasonings and beans; toss. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 53 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.