“I collect cookbooks from all over the world and love to try new recipes for my husband or for entertaining friends and family, which we love to do.” Pecans, a splash of orange and maple syrup make this side dish something extra-special! Sharon Delaney-Chronis – South Milwaukee, WI
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small heavy skillet, melt butter. Add pecans; cook over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Add syrup and salt; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until pecans are glossy. Spread on foil to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shallots in butter until tender; stir in the flour, orange peel and cayenne. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover; cook and stir 4-5 minutes longer or until beans are crisp-tender. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans with Pecans in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p35
Reviews for Green Beans with Pecans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review