Green Beans with Pecans Recipe
“I collect cookbooks from all over the world and love to try new recipes for my husband or for entertaining friends and family, which we love to do.” Pecans, a splash of orange and maple syrup make this side dish something extra-special! Sharon Delaney-Chronis – South Milwaukee, WI
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Dash cayenne pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage or 1/4 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small heavy skillet, melt butter. Add pecans; cook over medium heat until toasted, about 4 minutes. Stir in syrup and salt. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until pecans are glossy. Spread on foil to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute shallots in butter until tender; stir in the flour, orange peel and cayenne. Add the remaining ingredients; cover and cook for 5 minutes. Uncover; cook and stir 4-5 minutes longer or until beans are crisp-tender. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans with Pecans in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p35
Reviews for Green Beans with Pecans(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 4, 2011
I made this recipe for Christmas Eve and my family loved it. In fact, my brother-in-law (who cooks very little) wanted the recipe to make at his house.
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2010
Nice flavor, but way too many nuts, and the sauce was too thick..