Green Beans with Mushrooms Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 pound small, fresh mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium red onion, cut in thin strips
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds or pine nuts
- 1. Saute garlic and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in onions; set aside. Steam or cook beans in small amount of water until tender-crisp; drain. Combine beans and mushroom mixture; add pepper and dill weed. Garnish with nuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 1 vegetable, 1 fat; also, 75 calories, 35 mg sodium, 6 mg cholesterol, 10 gm carbohydrate, 3 gm protein, 4 gm fat.
Reviews for Green Beans with Mushrooms
"Very tasty and easy to make! Will be adding this one to my 'regulars' list of recipes."