Green Beans with Mushrooms Recipe
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 pound small, fresh mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium red onion, cut in thin strips
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds or pine nuts
- 1. Saute garlic and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in onions; set aside. Steam or cook beans in small amount of water until tender-crisp; drain. Combine beans and mushroom mixture; add pepper and dill weed. Garnish with nuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 75 calories, 4g fat (0 saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Green Beans with Mushrooms
"I bought mushrooms to add to an egg strata and forgot to add them. I used them for this vegetable dish instead. My husband enjoyed them"
"Very tasty and easy to make! Will be adding this one to my 'regulars' list of recipes."