This is a tried-and-true favorite! After I first tried this recipe, my family liked it so much they requested it at least once a week! Luckily, it's easy to prepare.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 pound small, fresh mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium red onion, cut in thin strips
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds or pine nuts
- Saute garlic and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in onions; set aside. Steam or cook beans in small amount of water until tender-crisp; drain. Combine beans and mushroom mixture; add pepper and dill weed. Garnish with nuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans with Mushrooms in Country June/July 1990, p47
Reviews for Green Beans with Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2010
"Very tasty and easy to make! Will be adding this one to my 'regulars' list of recipes."