This is a tried-and-true favorite! After I first tried this recipe, my family liked it so much they requested it at least once a week! Luckily, it's easy to prepare.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 pound small, fresh mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium red onion, cut in thin strips
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds or pine nuts
- Saute garlic and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in onions; set aside. Steam or cook beans in small amount of water until tender-crisp; drain. Combine beans and mushroom mixture; add pepper and dill weed. Garnish with nuts. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans with Mushrooms in Country June/July 1990, p47
Reviews for Green Beans with Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 25, 2010
"Very tasty and easy to make! Will be adding this one to my 'regulars' list of recipes."