“Just a few ingredients make this brightly colored side come together. It has a great balance of flavors. Lemon and pine nuts—what a match!” Cittie - TasteofHome.com Community
Recommended: 40 Super Satisfying Dinners for Lent
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the parsley, olive oil, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Pour over beans; sprinkle with pine nuts. Toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans with Lemon and Pine Nuts in Simple & Delicious March/April 2010, p15
Reviews for Green Beans with Lemon and Pine Nuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review