Green Beans with Hazelnut-Lemon Butter
Oregon is famous for terrific produce (we grow 40 acres of beans on our farm!) and hazelnuts. This recipe combines those two resources for a delectable side dish.Earlene Ertelt, Woodburn, Oregon
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped hazelnuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a saucepan, cover beans with water; cover and cook until
- crisp-tender, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over
- medium-high heat, brown the butter. Add the hazelnuts, lemon juice,
- parsley, basil and salt; heat through. Drain beans; add the butter
- mixture and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: Almonds may be substituted for the hazelnuts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 223 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.