Green Beans with Dill
If you like dill, you're sure to enjoy this nutritious dish from Bill Hibrich of Saint Cloud, Minnesota. It gets its tang from dill pickle juice.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 3 tablespoons dill pickle juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- In a small skillet, saute the onion in butter and oil until tender.
- Add green beans; cook for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Stir
- in the pickle juice, sugar and dill; toss to coat. Serve with a
- slotted spoon. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 93 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 316 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.