“You can make the lightly-flavored dill sauce for this quick, dressed-up side while the frozen beans are cooking. It's different and delicious with a variety of entrées,” says Joan Airey of Rivers, Manitoba.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dill weed
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- Cook beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended; gradually add broth.
- Stir in the vinegar, salt, dill and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in sour cream; heat through (do not boil). Drain beans; serve with sauce. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans with Dill Cream Sauce in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p23
Reviews for Green Beans with Dill Cream Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review