Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- 1. Place beans and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet; stir in the sugar, basil, garlic salt, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes; saute until tender. Drain beans; top with tomato mixture. Garnish with basil. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 88 calories, 6g fat (4g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes
"Easy, tasty and a good way to use an abundance of cherry tomatoes. It looks very pretty too."
"Tasty, easy and a good way to use an abundance of cherry tomatoes. It also looks very pretty."