Green Beans with Cherry Tomatoes
I FOUND that beans, basil and tomatoes make a very tasty combination of flavors, especially in summer, when all these ingredients can be garden fresh.
I like to serve this pretty vegetable dish when entertaining. It's so colorful!
-Shirley Heare, Fayetteville, North Carolina
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- Place beans and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet; stir in the sugar, basil, garlic
- salt, salt and pepper. Add tomatoes; saute until tender. Drain
- beans; top with tomato mixture. Garnish with basil. Yield: 6-8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 88 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 253 mg sodium,