Green Beans with Cashews
This nice, simple side dish is dressed up with salted whole cashews. Frozen whole green beans can be used instead of fresh beans. Just cook according to package directions. Cathleen Bushman, Geneva, Illinois
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup salted whole cashews
- Place the beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until
- crisp-tender. Drain and return beans to the pan. Add the butter,
- parsley, salt and pepper. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat until
- heated through. Sprinkle with cashews. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 172 calories, 13 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.