Green Beans with Carrots
For a quick side dish that is delicious, try this recipe. The vinegar and sugar give it a sweet and tangy flavor.—Pat MacIntosh, Delanco, New Jersey
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1-1/2-inch julienne strips
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a skillet, heat oil. Stir in vinegar and sugar. Add carrot strips;
- cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add beans; cook and stir 4-5 minutes
- longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt,
- pepper and bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Want to add some zip to a meal? Dish up these colorful veggies from Pat MacIntosh of Delanco, New Jersey. Not only are they eye-catching, the beans and carrots are tasty, too.