For a quick side dish that is delicious, try this recipe. The vinegar and sugar give it a sweet and tangy flavor.—Pat MacIntosh, Delanco, New Jersey
Featured In: 62 Christmas Potluck Sides for 12 or More
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 medium carrot, cut into 1-1/2-inch julienne strips
- 1-1/2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a skillet, heat oil. Stir in vinegar and sugar. Add carrot strips; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add beans; cook and stir 4-5 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and bacon. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans with Carrots in Country Woman September/October 2002, p39
Reviews for Green Beans with Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review