Green Beans with Blue Cheese Recipe
I was a little hesitant when I first tried this recipe. My sons usually don't care for green beans, and I thought they wouldn't be fond of the blue cheese. To my pleasant surprise, they loved every bite.
- 4 teaspoons half-and-half cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon crumbled blue cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1. Place the first eight ingredients in a blender; cover and process until combined. Gradually add oil in a steady stream, processing until smooth; set aside.
- 2. Place the beans in a large saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and place in a serving bowl. Drizzle with the blue cheese mixture and sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 146 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC