These crisp-tender beans are accented with garlic, rosemary, basil, onion and celery.—Laurel Leslie, Sonora, California
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- Place beans and water in a saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; add the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook for 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans With Basil in Taste of Home October/November 2003, p19
Reviews for Green Beans with Basil
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 11, 2011
"Great! I also had some sliced mushrooms so I put those in with the celery & onion - great!"
Reviewed Dec. 24, 2010
"I changed it a bit, and it was amazing but with more garlic and basil and without onion and celery. the simpler the better."