Green Beans with Almond Butter Recipe
Many beans are grown here in Georgia, so we find lots of ways to serve them. This is one of my favorite side dishes for holiday meals. To make it even more special, substitute hazelnuts for the almonds.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- Place the beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the butter, lemon juice and peel, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Stir in the almonds. Drain the beans and return to the pan. Add almond butter and toss to coat. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans with Almond Butter in Country Extra November 2005, p49
Reviews for Green Beans with Almond Butter(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 6, 2010
These are delicious! A nice side to serve to company.