Green beans get a makeover with help from fresh mushrooms, ranch salad dressing mix and crumbled bacon. For added convenience, Nicole Orr of Columbus, Ohio sometimes uses canned mushrooms when fixing this side dish.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 envelope ranch salad dressing mix
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- In a large skillet, saute beans and mushrooms in butter. Sprinkle with dressing mix; toss to coat. Just before serving, sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans with a Twist in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p8
Reviews for Green Beans with a Twist
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review