Crisp-tender green beans are paired with tomatoes for a colorful and nutritious side. Dressed with fresh basil and just enough vinegar to add a bit of tang, this side compliments most any entree. Healthy Cooking Test Kitchen
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 tablespoon tarragon vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash salt
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 4 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place beans in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- In a large bowl, combine beans and tomatoes. Combine the basil, vinegar, oil, garlic, pepper and salt; drizzle over beans and toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans Provence in Healthy Cooking April/May 2009, p15
Reviews for Green Beans Provence
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review