- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the onions, shallot, garlic and rosemary in oil until vegetables are tender. Add the green beans, tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper; saute 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Green Beans Provencale
"A tasty side dish! Will definitely make these again."
"Great flavors! Nice, light, and easy to assemble."
"These are awesome. I have fixed these for a healthy side for Thanksgiving for the last 2 years."
"This makes ordinary green beans special. Because it had an Italian feel to it, the beans didn't seem to go very well with my ham loaf and spicy sweet potatoes. It would be excellent with meatloaf."
"Refreshing take on a green beans mixture. Seemed rather fancy for fairly easy preperation. Will make again!"