Green Beans Italiano Recipe
The tomatoes and green beans make a pretty combo in this vegetable dish. Eliminate the salt if you prefer. —Amy Welk-Thieding
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1. Place green beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- 2. In a large skillet, saute the onion, garlic, oregano, basil, salt if desired and pepper in oil until onion is tender. Add beans and tomatoes; heat through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
3/4 cup: 58 calories, 3g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 2g protein .
Reviews for Green Beans Italiano
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC