Green Beans in Yellow Pepper Butter Recipe
Colorful, crunchy and buttery, these beans will be a hit at your holiday table. For a variation, sprinkle pine nuts over the top before serving. Judie White, Florien, Louisiana
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers, divided
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1. Finely chop one yellow pepper. In a small skillet, saute pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Set aside.
- 2. Place the pine nuts, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining butter in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Add cooked pepper; cover and process until blended. Set butter mixture aside.
- 3. Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cut remaining pepper into thin strips; add to beans. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place vegetables in a large bowl; add butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving equals 146 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC