Green Beans in Yellow Pepper Butter
Colorful, crunchy and buttery, these beans will be a hit at your holiday table. For a variation, sprinkle pine nuts over the top before serving.
Judie White, Florien, Louisiana
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers, divided
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- Finely chop one yellow pepper. In a small skillet, saute pepper in 1
- tablespoon butter until tender. Set aside.
- Place the pine nuts, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining butter
- in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Add cooked
- pepper; cover and process until blended. Set butter mixture aside.
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cut remaining
- pepper into thin strips; add to beans. Bring to a boil. Cover and
- cook for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place vegetables
- in a large bowl; add butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 146 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 150 mg sodium,