Colorful, crunchy and buttery, these beans will be a hit at your holiday table. For a variation, sprinkle pine nuts over the top before serving. Judie White, Florien, Louisiana
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers, divided
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- Finely chop one yellow pepper. In a small skillet, saute pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Set aside.
- Place the pine nuts, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining butter in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Add cooked pepper; cover and process until blended. Set butter mixture aside.
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cut remaining pepper into thin strips; add to beans. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place vegetables in a large bowl; add butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans in Yellow Pepper Butter in Taste of Home October/November 2010, p87
Reviews for Green Beans in Yellow Pepper Butter
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review