Green Beans in Yellow Pepper Butter Recipe
- 2 medium sweet yellow peppers, divided
- 7 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- Finely chop one yellow pepper. In a small skillet, saute pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Set aside.
- Place the pine nuts, lemon juice, salt, pepper and remaining butter in a food processor; cover and process until blended. Add cooked pepper; cover and process until blended. Set butter mixture aside.
- Place beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Cut remaining pepper into thin strips; add to beans. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Place vegetables in a large bowl; add butter mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Green Beans in Yellow Pepper Butter(4)
Sort By :
I made this for a sub-set of my family in September, and it was so good that I am making it again for Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow! Many rave reviews. Tomorrow I am going to try making it with Sunflower Seeds instead of Pine Nuts. A little different flavor, but a completely different price tag....much cheaper to use Sunflower Seeds in place of Pine Nuts.
Colorful presentation, fresh taste. Yet another inventive way to make green beans!
Yes, but would not use Pine nuts imported from China
Excellent! Buttery flavor without being rich. Beans and yellow pepper are a tasty combination!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Side Dish Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >