Green Beans in Lemon Chiffon Sauce Recipe
A light citrus sauce drapes the fresh green beans in this delicious side dish. It goes well with chicken, turkey or a roast anytime of year. — Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington.
- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- 1. Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, broth, and cheese until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Add butter, one piece at a time, whisking after each addition until butter is melted.
- 3. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the lemon juice, parsley and onion. Drain beans; top with sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 141 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 128 mg cholesterol, 234 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC