Green Beans in Lemon Chiffon Sauce Recipe
A light citrus sauce drapes the fresh green beans in this delicious side dish. It goes well with chicken, turkey or a roast anytime of year. — Marian Platt, Sequim, Washington.
- 3 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onion
- Place beans in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the cornstarch, broth, and cheese until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into eggs; return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Add butter, one piece at a time, whisking after each addition until butter is melted.
- Remove from the heat. Gently stir in the lemon juice, parsley and onion. Drain beans; top with sauce. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans in Lemon Chiffon Sauce in Taste of Home June/July 2007, p37
Reviews for Green Beans in Lemon Chiffon Sauce(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Feb. 20, 2010
Delicious! A great way to jazz up green beans for a fancy meal. I used frozen green beans and they worked just fine.