Green Beans in Beer Sauce Recipe
The beer and bacon in these delicious green beans makes them worthy of any main dish. —Lynn Thomas, London, Ontario
- 1/3 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring the beans, beer and butter to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender.
- 2. Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels to drain. Remove beans with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch and onion until blended. Stir into the saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add beans; heat through. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC