Green Beans in Beer Sauce
This recipe from Lynn Thomas of London, Ontario really hits the spot. The beer and bacon in these delicious beans makes them worthy of any main dish.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 pound bacon strips, diced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1/3 cup beer or nonalcoholic beer
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons grated onion
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring the beans, beer and butter to
- a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until
- beans are crisp-tender.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove bacon to paper towels to drain. Remove
- beans with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch and
- onion until blended. Stir into the saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add beans; heat
- through. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 4 servings.