Green Beans in Bacon Cheese Sauce
I like to make this side dish for potlucks, because it's easy to make and is always popular.Karen Lewis, Pleasant Grove, Iowa
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 5 hours
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen French-style green beans, thawed
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup bacon bits
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook
- on low for 5-6 hours or until beans are tender. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 137 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 817 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.