Green Beans German Style Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 medium onion, quartered and sliced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove to paper towels. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. In the same skillet, saute onion in drippings until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt, mustard and water until smooth. Stir into onion. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in brown sugar and vinegar. Add the beans; heat thought. Sprinkle with bacon. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Reviews for Green Beans German Style(3)
Sort By :
What a yummy way to make beans.... I didn't have any bacon but it tasted good anyways!
This is such a great recipe. I was looking for a recipe to make green beans taste better and thanks to you, I found it. I will definately make this again
Excellent recipe. I made this with grilled halibut.