Green Beans Deluxe
We have belonged to a dinner/bridge group for many years and this green bean dish has been a favorite. The pinch of nutmeg enhances the flavor, which is creamy and rich. It goes well with a holiday meal, both by color and taste.
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Reduce heat; stir
- in flour until blended. Add the sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg;
- heat through (do not boil).
- Drain the beans; stir into sour cream mixture. Transfer to a greased
- 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or
- until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or
- until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.