Green Beans Deluxe Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Prepare green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Reduce heat; stir in flour until blended. Add the sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg; heat through (do not boil).
- 2. Drain the beans; stir into sour cream mixture. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1/2 cup: 143 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Green Beans Deluxe
"This is the green bean recipe I have been searching for! Our families favorite holiday meal will now include this recipe! Thanks!"
"Not Good .... A waste of Beans."