Green Beans Deluxe Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Prepare green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Reduce heat; stir in flour until blended. Add the sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg; heat through (do not boil).
- 2. Drain the beans; stir into sour cream mixture. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1/2 cup: 143 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Green Beans Deluxe
"This is a must on the table for any holiday dinner. However, it doesn't stop there...the high requests makes me pull this delicious recipe out all year round."
"This is the green bean recipe I have been searching for! Our families favorite holiday meal will now include this recipe! Thanks!"
"Not Good .... A waste of Beans."