We have belonged to a dinner/bridge group for many years and this green bean dish has been a favorite. The pinch of nutmeg enhances the flavor, which is creamy and rich. It goes well with a holiday meal, both by color and taste.
Recommended: Top 10 Potato Salad Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare green beans according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Reduce heat; stir in flour until blended. Add the sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg; heat through (do not boil).
- Drain the beans; stir into sour cream mixture. Transfer to a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans Deluxe in Reminisce December/January 2007, p48
Reviews forGreen Beans Deluxe
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 19, 2013
"This is the green bean recipe I have been searching for! Our families favorite holiday meal will now include this recipe! Thanks!"
Reviewed Oct. 4, 2010
"Not Good .... A waste of Beans."